Daughters of the American Revolution Logo

Fort Findlay Chapter, Findlay, Ohio
Daughters of the American Revolution
Founded February 13, 1897
Red White Blue bar

The Organizing Regent was Mrs.B.F. Hyatt who became a member of the National society, May 7, 1896. In October of the same year she was appointed Regent. On February 13, 1897 fifteen members of the society met at the home of Mrs. Hyatt and organized the Fort Findlay Chapter, named after the old fort which stood by the Blanchard River in 1812. In June 1812 General William Hull left Urbana for Detroit. They cut a road through the forest and finally arrived at the Blanchard River. They camped there for some time. The Fort stood on the south side of the river. It consisted of a stockade about ten feet in height with a two story block house built of round logs at each corner. Each blockhouse was thoroughly loop-holed and furnished with one piece of artillery. The surrounding area was cleared off to give a clear view. The Fort was closed soon after the war in 1815. The Charter was granted by the National Society, February 19, 1898.

American Flag

Our Location

Most members are from Hancock County. There are some from surrounding areas and a number who are daughters of members who live out of the area.

Our Meetings

Our Chapter meets regularly at 1:30p.m. on the first Wednesday afternoon of the month from September to June. There are two Luncheon meetings which are joint meetings with John Hancock SAR and guests from other chapters. They are held on the second Saturday of February and June.

Contact Us

Interested in membership in the DAR? Please feel free to contact us via e-mail.


Links

National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
Ohio Society NSDAR




Last Updated: 2010-10-18   Webmaster